วันอาทิตย์ที่ 12 ธันวาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Winyu

"It's all about questioning. Here in Thailand we accept so many things without asking. We treat all these dubious matters as norms ... as something we have to live with anyway. Our ultimate goal is to get people to question things and be more responsible to the society,"


"For Joh Kow Tuen, we never wanted it to be funny. But I guess when you are very sarcastic - it become a dark comedy. I think the laughs [we receive] are like an added bonus for us. We started off wanting to satirise and be acidic towards a lot of political and social issues that have been left unsolved or neglected in Thailand. Maybe it's in our trait to let things go, but we should start questioning whatever is happening around us. Why must we tolerate corrupted politicians? What happens to our taxes? How is our hard earned money spent by the government?"

Winyu is also disappointed with the current state of the Thai media. He strongly feels the so called "in depth" analysis offered by the media is not profound enough and that there are no hard questions being asked.

"So I guess we've all learned to engage in civil discussions without losing our temper since a young age,"


"I feel that the problem with the younger generation is that we don't consume enough information, and even when we do, we don't examine it. So when you don't have enough concrete information, you will feel forced to choose sides because you don't know the entire story."
"Then you become overemotional over serious issues when you should be using your logic and thinking faculties rather than retorting to emotional outbursts,"


I understand those who don't want to make their opinions public, though. This is Thailand after all. You have to be kreng jai [considerate] to people.



"Those who are vocal [about their beliefs and opinions] will be labelled as 'extreme'. I guess it's okay to put pictures of some actresses' underwear and bra showing on a cover, but once they want to say something politically, people are so ready to gnaw on them. I don't know where the standard is," he said.


Winyu.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น: